Another year, single-family homes, especially those with contemporary design, become the favorite of a large number of people, motivated mainly by the independence, functionality, comfort and quality of life it offers.
What trends will accompany us next year 2024 in terms of single-family home construction?
- Sustainability. Respectful materials, renewable energy sources, quality carpentry for optimal insulation as well as efficient systems such as ventilated facades and SATE. Optimal orientation is also essential, making the most of natural light and reducing energy consumption, with all of this we not only manage to minimize the impact on the environment, but also save costs in the medium long term.
- Design of spaces with nature as the protagonist. The focus is on the connection of nature and people with the aim of improving comfort and reducing stress. Fluidity in the relationship between interior and exterior spaces is important, making it happen naturally and effortlessly. A total integration of the house and plot is sought for an experience of comfort and harmony.
- Rehabilitations are gaining weight and these will be comprehensive, aligned with the concept of sustainability and heritage conservation.
- The minimalist, elegant and timeless style that contributes to creating serene and clean environments, continues its booming trend next year.
- Concrete and wood are consolidated as the most desired materials also in 2024, due to their characteristics of resistance, durability and respect for the environment, managing to naturally create that highly appreciated minimalist aesthetic.
- An unstoppable trend is the design and construction of smart, modern and connected homes for greater comfort, security and energy savings, with personalized solutions according to the particular needs of each family.
- In terms of decoration, Art Deco is reborn this 2024 with its sophisticated aesthetics, luxurious details, materials such as marble and elegant geometries for a glamorous vintage style.
- Natural decorations also continue to maintain their prominence, organic materials such as wood and stone as well as textiles of plant origin such as linen and cotton to contribute to the creation of fresh and welcoming spaces.
What do you think of the new construction trends for 2024? Which one is your favorite?