WHAT IS A COOKIE?
They are files that are downloaded to the user’s terminal (computer / smartphone / tablet) when accessing certain web pages and stored in the user’s memory. They allow, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or his team, to see which pages are visited, the connection time, analyze the operation of a page, if there are technical problems, etc. Depending on the information they contain and how the terminal is used, they can be used to recognize the user.
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES EXIST?
There are several types of cookies depending on different criteria:
Depending on ownership:
- Own. They are the ones that belong to Area Grande.
- Third party. They are those owned by a third party, other than Area Grande who will be the one to handle the information collected.
Depending on its purpose:
- Technical and / or customization cookies. They are those that serve to improve the service, locate incidents, recognize the user, etc.
- Analysis and / or advertising cookies. They are those that serve to analyze information about the navigation and to offer publicity, be generic or personalized.
WHAT IS A COOKIE FOR?
Cookies are used to offer personalized services and / or advertising, to analyze the operation of the system, to recognize you when you access as a user, to locate incidents and problems that may arise and solve them in the shortest possible time, as well as to analyze and measure the use and activity of the web.
IS MY CONSENT NEEDED TO IMPLEMENT A COOKIE?
The consent for the installation of technical cookies or those strictly necessary for the provision of a service of the information society expressly requested by the recipient is not required. For the rest, you need the consent of the interested party that can be requested in different ways. In the case of Area Grande, it will be understood granted if you continue to use the website, notwithstanding that at any time you may revoke and disable cookies.
WHAT COOKIES ARE AREA GRANDE CURRENTLY USING?
- TECHNIQUES: These are OWN, session, identification, configuration and registration cookies strictly necessary for the identification of the user and for the provision of the services requested by the user. The information obtained through them is treated only by Area Grande.
- ANALYSIS: These are those that, either treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the statistical measurement and analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. For this, we analyze your navigation on our website in order to improve the offer of products or services that we offer.
The analysis cookies used by Area Grande are as follows:
- “Google” The information obtained by it is processed by Area Grande and by the third Google Ireland Limited https://www.google.es/intl/en/policies/technologies/cookies/
- “Bing” The information obtained by it is handled by Area Grande and by two third parties: Microsoft and Yahoo Sarl http://www.microsoft.com/privacystatement/en-gb/bing/default.aspx and http: // info .yahoo.com / privacy / en / yahoo / cookies /
The above companies provide the service of analysis of the audience of our page and can use this data to improve their own services and to offer services to other companies. You can know these and other uses from the indicated links. These tools do not obtain data of the users’ first names or surnames or the postal address from which they are connected.
The information they get is related to the number of pages visited, the language, social network in which our news is published, the city to which the IP address from which users access is assigned, the number of users visits, frequency and recurrence of visits, visiting time, the browser they use, the operator or type of terminal from which the visit is made. This information is used to improve our site, to detect new needs and to evaluate the improvements to be introduced in order to provide a better service to the users who visit us.
HOW CAN I DEACTIVATE THEM?
Most browsers tell you how to configure your browser so that it does not accept cookies, to notify you every time you receive a new cookie, as well as to deactivate them completely. In order to control what use you want to make of your information, you can configure the browser of your terminal in the form that it deems most convenient for you. In any case, we note that if technical and / or operating cookies are disabled, the Quality of the website may decrease or it may cost more to identify you.
Here we provide the links of the main browsers and devices so that you have all the information on how to manage the cookies in your browser.
- Version 5: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
- Version 6 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283185
- Version 7 and 8 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Version 9 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9