The importance of a good formwork
In construction, formwork is the instrument we use to shape concrete, a structure that contains it when it is fresh until it hardens. The main formwork material is mostly wood, although we can also find it made of metal and even plastic. The formwork is a temporary element that once its objective of shaping the concrete has been achieved, it is disassembled and normally reused. It is this characteristic of temporality that sometimes and wrongly minimizes its importance, since the quality of a good final result, especially in cases of fair concrete, really depends on an excellent formwork.
What must we take into account to achieve an impeccable formwork?
- We must make a correct dimension of the structure, considering the different loads, overloads and weights.
- The formwork must be rigid, resistant, watertight and clean to avoid incidents that affect the quality of the result of the concrete structure.
- The formwork accounts for approximately one third of the total cost of the concrete structure, so it must be safe, functional and efficient to achieve a perfect finish without extra costs.
- It is necessary to maintain optimal coordination between the architect, technical staff and the formwork team at all times. Ideally, the construction company has its own formwork teams with extensive experience and constantly updated on new procedures and more avant-garde technologies.
- The most important thing for an excellent formwork is its execution. It is a complex process where it is essential that the mold is in perfect condition with its joints impeccably sealed. For this, it is essential to have the skill and expert work of a highly qualified human team without which it would be impossible to achieve it.
This last point is vital to achieve a magnificent fair-faced concrete finish. Excellence in the execution of the formwork, with meticulous attention and perfect attention to detail is essential to avoid any defect in this type of surface and achieve a sublime result.
At Area Grande we have our own expert formwork team specialized in fair-faced concrete with extensive accredited experience and with outstanding results in all their actions. All this, added to our constant investment in research and training in innovative trends, processes and materials, positions us at the forefront of the sector, achieving unique and flawless executions.
Leave a Reply