September is a month back to the routine. We leave behind the days of vacations and rest to return to the day to day that will accompany us for a long time … In many occasions we are centered in counting the days that are missing until we can enjoy a new festive period and very rarely or none we consider what we can do to improve our quality of life for the whole time we spent waiting for the next vacation. A friend told me once that this situation of “back to normal” felt every year, always wanting to return to the break that was so far, until one day asked: Why not invest in quality of life?
When it came to the possibility of a change focused on achieving an improvement in quality of life, the first thing he did was to analyze what benefits he wanted to achieve that he did not have at that moment:
- Increased stress relaxation and withdrawal; sense of total disconnection upon arriving home.
- Improvement of the environmental conditions that would translate into health benefits: purer air, or noise pollution and full use of natural light and the ecological rhythm.
- Enjoy open spaces that give birth to outdoor sports, new activities such as creating a small orchard, growing fruit trees, establishing new relationships with animals and plants …
- Give your children the possibility of living a different childhood, with freedom of movement in a natural environment, without constant concern for abuse or misplacement; giving them the opportunity to be able to establish didactics of learning and relationship with nature difficult to obtain in a city.
CHANGE OF HABITS
After reading the list several times he could not think of anything else … It was perfect! If he succeeded, he could live better every day, without having to wait for the holidays to arrive. It was at that moment that he realized that it really was in his power to get it.
Improving the quality of life is really possible without taking any risks: in this case it was enough to move out of the city.
When he commented with his circle on the decision of the transfer to all, it seemed a mistake: greater dependence on the car, remoteness of some services, … the same objections to life in the country that he had always listened to. Actually life has changed a lot in recent years and the speed of change is increasing. All technological advances make the perception of distance no longer the same:
- Through the E-Commerce we can buy any product from anywhere in the world without moving from home; without the need to travel, queue or load with the purchase.
- Thanks to our internet connection we also solve heavy formalities that previously forced us to go physically to perform them.
- The new technologies provide us with access to all kinds of information and diverse training and quality without having to move, comfortably from our home.
- Infrastructures have improved significantly, in many cases it is quicker to access the city center from the outskirts thanks to the bypasses that move between different areas of the city due to the tendency to create pedestrian spaces, traffic jams between streets, etc.
Once the decision to improve his quality of life was made, he was already looking forward to it. To keep it closer, it established a calendar of actions to be carried out:
- Choose a place to buy land
- Write the project
- Ask the city council for permission to build
- Run the project
Every well-planned project must have an optimized cost analysis. It is important that this is because within the quality of life, economic tranquility is one of the essential values. It is very important to make a customized budget by assessing the needs of each client and getting the most efficient solution for all of them. Finally, for the price of a small apartment in town, my friend has been able to build a spacious, modern and functional home on a plot within an idyllic setting.
Galicia has many opportunities to live next to the sea or the mountain and at the same time very close to an urban center. It is difficult to enjoy the tranquility of the countryside in the city, but it is very easy to take advantage of the advantages of the city living in the countryside.
A lot happens to us every day …