One of the main values, if not the most important, that we look for in our home is comfort. A home in which we feel comfortable is very important to have a good quality of life and for this it is advisable to achieve it efficiently. Today it is possible, and within our reach, to gain comfort while saving energy.
How do we make our home more efficient from the energy point of view?
- It is vital that windows, doors and facades have a good thermal insulation to protect the interior of the house from external temperature changes. We must have the highest quality carpentry for doors and windows, the latest innovations and the latest materials.
- Choosing hot water storage systems is always more efficient than those of instantaneous production. When installing them, we must also consider that both the tank and the pipes are properly insulated to optimize the process.
- Decanting for the new aerothermal systems in front of the traditional boiler will also help us to gain comfort and savings. Aerotermia uses air as a source of natural and renewable energy to generate heat at a lower economic cost.
- If our house is new construction, it is certainly advisable to install Radiant Floor instead of radiators as a heating system. The feeling of comfort is greater with lower consumption. If our house has radiators and we want to continue with them, it is interesting to check if their placement and number of elements is optimal. We must also perform an annual maintenance to detect possible inefficiencies or anomalies in its operation.
- Regarding water savings, regulators are very useful. It is advisable to choose single lever faucets and double-push tanks, for example, to optimize their consumption.
- Regarding lighting, whenever possible it is important to opt to take advantage of natural light. It is a priority to assess the orientation of the land when considering the distribution of a newly built house and thus optimize natural resources for a better use of the different rooms.
- The color of walls and ceilings, the choice of artificial light, LEDs, fluorescents, dimmers, intelligent lighting devices, etc., will also help us to gain comfort with lower energy costs.
What have you found our proposals to achieve greater comfort and energy efficiency? Would you add any other?