Much of the cost of a home in terms of energy is due to the air conditioning systems. In this sense, one of the best investments we can make is Aerothermia, an energy efficient, respectful of the environment and economic; The savings involved are perceived from the beginning and their amortization is already secured in the short term. It works through a Heat Pump that extracts energy from external air and converts it into heat for use in hot water and heating mainly.
What advantages does Aerothermal offer us?
- Its installation is simple and economical. A Heat Pump has no fixed costs or revisions such as gas or a boiler, we only pay for the use we make of it and its maintenance is minimal.
- Aerotermia is Renewable Energy. It is the most efficient system with zero carbon dioxide emissions. The pump works with a compressor that uses electricity to transport heat, not to generate it, so its consumption is much lower than that of a boiler or electric heating. With a Heat Pump, for every 1 kW of electrical consumption, approximately 2 to 4 kW of heat are transferred.
- It is a very comfortable system. The quality of supply is instantly appreciated, achieving better results than with traditional heat systems.
- Aerothermal is functional. It is usually reversible and you can use the Heat Pump as an Air Conditioner in summer.
- The installation of Aerothermal in very versatile and adapts perfectly to any medium or place.
What aspects should we consider when choosing Aerothermia?
- It is necessary to install two modules, one outside that produces the energy and another inside that stores it, so it is essential to have space to place them.
- Aerothermal is ideal for the peninsular climate. If the outside temperature is excessively low (-20ºC or more) as in some areas of Europe, it is best to opt for Geothermal Energy, which is a system that extracts energy from the soil, although it is much more expensive.
- Aerothermal is perfect with Radiant Floors or Low Temperature Radiators. It can also be used with traditional radiators with optimum results and comfort. In the latter case, we should take advantage to make a study of resizing existing elements to optimize their efficiency and energy savings.
- We must check the electrical power contracted so far in case it was very close and should be raised a little, although it is not always necessary.
What do you think about Aerothermal energy as a source of domestic energy? Did you already know her? What is your experience about it?