The choice of the type of floor that we install in our home is one of the most important decisions to make, since it is determinant in the personality of the same. A proposal that is gaining more followers is the placement of wooden floors in the set of home stays.
What advantages does it bring?
- Wood is a very versatile material. It combines very well with any decorative style and if we use versions in light tones we add light and spaciousness easily to the home.
- It brings warmth to the home, inspiring quiet and peaceful environments with a sense of closeness and kindness.
- The wooden floor is very comfortable. Its pleasant and cozy touch invites you to walk barefoot.
- The wood is elegant and clean lines, pure and delicate, capable of raising any decorative proposal.
- It is a durable material. We can have it permanently in perfect condition with minimal periodic maintenance.
What care should we consider for a wooden floor?
- The most important thing is prevention. We must avoid aggressive shoes, such as high-heeled shoes or with the remains of grit from the street. It is also important to prevent exposure to direct sun and moisture so that the color is intact and without unpleasant spots.
- It’s interesting to keep it always clean. To be in top condition, use as much as possible vacuum or cotton mop to remove dust and flee aggressive cleaning products. We should not apply formulas containing acids, waxes or silicones and also do not pass with the dose, it is preferable to try the minimum recommended. It is also essential to eliminate potential spots at the moment. If we let them dry and allow them to penetrate the wood, it will be very difficult to eliminate them completely.
- We must also hydrate and nourish our soil once a year with a specific product. To choose it correctly, we must look if the wood is varnished or is natural, treated with oil.
What kind of wood flooring to choose?
- According to the wood used, there are mainly two categories: varnished or treated with oil. The second is more delicate, but its appearance is more natural, elegant and luxurious. The Varnished Wood is the most used for being more resistant, but its appearance is less original and simple.
- We can also use Noble Wood or Plywood. The first is solid wood and the second is composed of between 3 and 5mm of noble wood and the rest is a plywood that provides great stability. Both give very good results.
- According to the installation process, there are three types of wooden floors:
Glued or parquet flooring, classic flooring and floating flooring.
Glued or parquet flooring
The parquet consists of pieces of wood glued on a mortar base.
As a positive aspect, this type of floor allows you to create your own designs, giving a point of originality to the whole. We must take care of the chosen motive to avoid saturation and excessive prominence in decoration, being difficult in that case to fit it into the most avant-garde and current proposals.
The Classic Deck is supported on some wooden rails, sanding and varnishing then. It is common to hear crunches when walking on it that resemble old homes. This system of Tarima is little used for its high price due mainly to the difficulty in its placement. It also occupies more space to go elevated on the floor, which is important that the roofs of the house are higher than usual. As a positive aspect, note that the Classic Stage is very original, elegant and little seen.
The Floating Flooring is installed directly on a material, normally Polyethylene Foam, which allows the Wood to expand and move freely, gaining flexibility and stability. Unlike the other two systems, it is quite affordable and allows the use of different types of wood, providing greater customization and versatility in the finishes.
What do you think about our proposal? What is your preferred choice?